Services4User review

Luke Howard lukeh at padl.com
Sat Aug 22 07:17:09 EDT 2009

Not so hypothetical. I realise I misunderstood some attributes of
Nico's original suggestion.

So, now: a delegated credentials handle is always returned by
gss_accept_sec_context() (and GSS_C_DELEG_FLAG is set). That handle
can be passed into gss_init_sec_context(): the actual constrained
delegation request is deferred until then, because only then is the
target name known.

Similarly, an impersonation credential handle from
gss_acquire_cred_impersonate_name() can also be passed to
gss_init_sec_context(). (The S4U2Self request is not deferred.)

Under the hood, there is a flag set in the credentials handle that
indicates it is a "proxy" handle, in which case the impersonator's TGT
is also present (necessary to perform the S4U2Proxy request). This is
only the case for forwardable tickets; if the initiator's ticket is
not forwardable, or S4U2Self issued a non-forwardable ticket, then a
normal, TGT-less credentials handle is returned, and the only valid
target is the impersonator.

I've updated the wiki and the code.

-- Luke

www.padl.com | www.fghr.net