Validating Kerberos tickets

Douglas E. Engert deengert at anl.gov
Fri Aug 21 10:26:15 EDT 2009

Santiago Rivas wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I have recently started working with Kerberos v5 and I have read many
> manuals and documents explaining the protocol and showing some short sample
> code. I'm writing a custom C / Java application and I want to "kerberize" it
> in order to achieve Single Sign-On. Up to now, I'm able to generate both tgt
> and tgs tickets on the client, but the main challenge I find is how to
> validate the tgs ticket once it's recieved by the server side of the
> application... Any help? Thanks in advance!

You say it is C / Java, If you are calling Kerberos from Java, have you looked at:

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/guide/security/jgss/single-signon.html

You might be better off use the GSS-API rather then Kerberos directly.
The above URL has an example for that too.

Goolge for java kerberos  to find other references.