Heads up: kadm5 initialization API change in 1.8

Greg Hudson ghudson at MIT.EDU
Mon Aug 17 18:50:57 EDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-08-17 at 16:06 -0400, Nicolas Williams wrote:
> But all the kadm5 server functions already take a server handle, and
> that server handle already has a krb5_context field, so it should be
> possible to always use the same krb5_context.  What am I missing?

Prior to my change, the caller has no access to that context.  Moreover,
if a failure happens during initialization (which is the most common
case), the context is destroyed before the caller receives the error
code, taking with it any hope of retrieving the extended error
information.