thoughts/issues making MIT krb code fit for drop-in to Solaris

Will Fiveash William.Fiveash at Sun.COM
Thu Sep 18 18:01:40 EDT 2008

On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 05:48:41PM -0400, Simo Sorce wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-09-17 at 19:04 -0500, Will Fiveash wrote:
> >
> > Thoughts as to whether this goal is achievable and on an approach if
> > so?
>
> Would this plan affect other platforms too?
> If so, how?

If there is any impact to binaries it would something that the
Consortium would agree is beneficial to all supported platforms.  For
example, if the Consortium agrees that providing I18N support can be
done reasonably for all platforms then this change would become
universal to the code otherwise the change would be restricted to
Solaris platforms.

--
Will Fiveash
Sun Microsystems Inc.