"Secure coding" audit checkers and Kerberos

Ken Raeburn raeburn at MIT.EDU
Wed Oct 15 16:41:11 EDT 2008

On Oct 15, 2008, at 16:16, John Hascall wrote:
>  asprintf is a non-standard, and therefore
>  sub-optimally portable, GNU extension --
>  so you're still stuck writing something else
>  (perhaps your own asprintf implementation,
>  which is far more baggage than one needs
>  to concat a few strings).

We already have it, and we do use it for more than just string
concatenation, but as long as it's there, we can use it for "collect
these strings together and allocate whatever the right amount of space
is" easily enough.

Ken