rewrite gss_krb5_ccache_name

Ken Raeburn raeburn at MIT.EDU
Sat Nov 22 12:08:06 EST 2008

On Nov 21, 2008, at 23:57, Jeffrey Altman wrote:
>>> If that is the case, the real bug here is that the gssapi32.dll
>>> does not implement a DLL_THREAD_DETACH routine which would free
>>> any allocated memory stored under the registered TLS keys.
>>
>> Well, if you're not doing that, you certainly should...
>
> Indeed, this should be fixed.

Looks to me like krb5int_thread_detach_hook should mostly be doing
that.  It's the handler in the support library, but all our TSD use is
funneled through some bookkeeping in the support library, to improve
things on platforms where OS handles (TLS indices, pthread keys) on
TSD may be a limited resource.  It ought to be deallocating any
registered per-thread data, though it looks like maybe the bookkeeping
data itself isn't properly freed.

Ken