kerberos preauthentication IIS

Stephen Ince since at opendemand.com
Wed Nov 12 18:28:41 EST 2008

I figured it out. Here is is the solution.
krb5.ini
[libdefaults]
        default_tgs_enctypes = des-cbc-crc
        default_tkt_enctypes = des-cbc-crc

code
krb5_preauthtype PREAUTH_LIST[] = {KRB5_PADATA_ENC_TIMESTAMP,0};
:
    err = krb5_get_in_tkt_with_password(
        krb5->context,
        kdcFlags, NULL, NULL, PREAUTH_LIST, password, krb5->ccache,
&krb5->credentials, 0);

    /* if we failed try one more time w/o preauthentication */
    if(err){
        err = krb5_get_in_tkt_with_password(
            krb5->context,
            kdcFlags, NULL, NULL, NULL, password, krb5->ccache,
&krb5->credentials, 0);
    }