what is this list for?

Will Fiveash William.Fiveash at sun.com
Tue May 13 17:06:20 EDT 2008

On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 11:57:12AM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
> Tom Yu <tlyu at MIT.EDU> writes:
>
> > Do we want to restrict this list exclusively to topics related to
> > development of the MIT Kerberos implementation?  Or do we want to also
> > allow application development topics on this list?  My recollection is
> > that historically, we have allowed application development topics on
> > this list.
> >
> > In any case, we should document the list policy consistently.
>
> Personally, I think kerberos at mit.edu is a fine list for application
> development, and I'd rather use krbdev for development issues specifically
> related to MIT Kerberos.

But sometimes app dev impacts krb dev doesn't it (think API
changes/enhancements)?  In addition, there are quite a number krb use
questions on kerberos at mit.edu and it's more likely that app dev
questions may get lost in those threads.

I'm for app dev discussions relating to the krb/gss APIs being on
krbdev at mit.edu unless they obscure krb dev specific threads.

--
Will Fiveash
Sun Microsystems Inc.