OK-AS-DELEGATE FLAG setting.

josephharfouch@iinet.net.au josephharfouch at iinet.net.au
Wed May 7 02:27:36 EDT 2008

Hi,

Does the MIT kerberos source code set the OK-AS-DELEGATE flag
(TKT_FLG_OK_AS_DELEGATE),
and if yes, then under what circumstances?

I am conducting a cross platform test where the gss client and server are using the
z/OS Kerberos implementation, but the KDC is using the MIT implementation. The test
case fails, unless I tell the z/OS kerberos implementation code to ignore the
delegate check test. (We have a check_delegate flag that is turned on by default,
but
we can turn it off in krb5.conf), so I am wondering if turning off the check is the
best way to proceed.

Thank you

Joseph Harfouch
z/OS Kerberos Change Team
IBM Australia Development Laboratory, West Perth