KDB LDAP supporting a different Schema

Klaus Heinrich Kiwi klausk at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Mon Mar 31 14:24:45 EDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-03-20 at 14:56 -0300, Klaus Heinrich Kiwi wrote:
> Hi.
>
> There are situations where one might want to have the KDB to use LDAP
> but with a different Schema - for example in scenarios where LDAP data
> is already being used in other systems.
>
> Is a separate KDB LDAP plugin the only way to support this situation?
Assuming the above is true, is documentation for KDB plugin development
available? In the current LDAP plugin implementation (which I should
heavily base my code in), there is a 'kdb_function_table', but not many
details.

Any pointers are welcome. Also, I'd be glad to hear if there are
'acceptability' issues with such code.

--
Klaus Heinrich Kiwi
Security Development - IBM Linux Technology Center