GSSAPI contexts used in multiple threads

Ken Raeburn raeburn at MIT.EDU
Wed Mar 5 01:41:00 EST 2008

On Mar 5, 2008, at 00:01, Jeffrey Altman wrote:
> This assumes that all processes on the system use the same replay
> cache.  Unless an application or krb5.conf explicitly specifies
> a replay cache I do not believe that all processes on the system
> will use the same rcache.  Instead I believe cache files are allocated
> one per process.

I think we're doing one file for each combination of uid and service
name, if you go through krb5_get_server_rcache.  It probably
shouldn't be per uid, but there are obviously some access control
issues to work out there.  On the other hand, I suspect practically
all services sharing service principal names on a machine are run
under the same uid, at least in the UNIX world, so it's probably not
too big a problem.  If multiple service principal names can use the
same key, though, we get a new problem, in that services using any of
those principal names need to be in treated together as a set for
replay prevention or detection.

Per-process replay caches wouldn't be of much use for services that
run one process per client.  If we actually do it that way anywhere,
it's a bug...

Ken