Messages format

Ken Raeburn raeburn at MIT.EDU
Wed Jun 4 09:56:14 EDT 2008

On Jun 3, 2008, at 09:41, <mohamed.chaari at orange-ftgroup.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to add some fonctionnalities to kerberos, I would like to know
> where are defined the format of the messages (AP-REQ, AP-REP, TGS-REQ,
> TGS-REP...)

You mean the specifications?  RFC 4120, at any IETF RFC mirror, has
the ASN.1 specification of the messages.

Or the code implementing it?  In the MIT distribution, src/include/
krb5/krb5.hin and src/include/k5-int.h include the C data structures
corresponding to various messages (and a bunch of other stuff), and
src/lib/krb5/asn.1 has the code that converts between the C and
network representations (but it's pretty ugly, hard to understand, and
harder to modify).

Ken