kerberos password test function source code

Nathanael Warren dzhugashvili9 at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 29 21:02:41 EDT 2008

Hey,

I was wondering if anybody out there had a simple, straightforward kerberos test function available. I already checked out the Brezak Internet draft (draft-brezak-win2k-krb-rc4-hmac-03.txt), but it's a little over my head as far as implementing it in code. I am pretty new to programming, and I am attempting to build an application in C++ that will test passwords for strength. I was looking for something along the lines of a bool function that is supplied a plaintext password candidate in a word[] array and the Kerberos 5 pre Authentication hash (like in Cain, the authenticator?), and return a bool TRUE or FALSE, depending on whether or not the password checks. Here is an example:

bool IsPasswordTrue(char password[], authenticator)
{
if ((encrypt(password))==authenticator)
      {
           return TRUE;
      }
else
      {
          return FALSE;
      }
}

if anybody could help, that would be great! This is the optimal code, but if you have anything at all that might be helpful, I would appreciate it. Thanks!