Kerberos dev project for review: domain_realm mapping via KDC referral

Ken Raeburn raeburn at MIT.EDU
Wed Jul 23 19:02:29 EDT 2008

On Jul 15, 2008, at 12:50, Ken Raeburn wrote:
> On Jul 15, 2008, at 12:30, John Hascall wrote:
>> I like everything except:
>>
>> ... start with the hardcoded list in the 524 name conversion code ...
>>
>> That thing is evil and should itself go away.
>
> Yeah, well, not as part of this project.  I'm fine with having no
> list compiled in.  I'm just not happy with having a compiled-in list
> that is different from (or not kept in sync with) the 524 one while
> that one is still around.

Since there's opposition to using the 524 list, and I don't think
anyone was really strongly in favor of using it, I've dropped the idea
from the "open issues" section.  And since the only other thing there
was a note about the lack of caching, the section is now named "notes"
instead. :)

Otherwise, no complaints with the proposal as is (except for Simo
wanting a plugin API)?

Ken