SPNEGO and Kerberos credentials

Rahul Srinivas srahul at novell.com
Sat Jul 5 00:53:42 EDT 2008

There is one difference between my patches and the other two patches. In the other patches, if you do gss_acquire_cred() for gss_mech_spnego, any Kerberos credentials acquired will be available to krb5_gss_accept_sec_context() (either through spnego_gss_accept_sec_context() or directly). But if you do gss_acquire_cred() for gss_mech_krb5, the credential acquired will not be available to spnego_gss_accept_sec_context() - this happens to be the problem in my code. In my patch, the second case is handled but not the first. It looks like both of them are required. But since SPNEGO is a pseudo mechanism, I prefer the second approach - add various credential elements into a credential and give it to the SPNEGO mechanism instead of letting the SPNEGO mechanism acquire the credentials.

-Rahul

<486D7AAB.2010704 at kadzban.is-a-geek.net>, Bryan Kadzban