Huge I/O wait while load testing KDC

Shivakeshav Santi ss488 at cornell.edu
Mon Jan 21 16:52:11 EST 2008

HI,

    I have an MIT KDC installed on multiprocessor machine with RHEL-4. I
noticed two things:

a) I see > 80% time spent in i/o (based on sar output)

      The only major i/o would be logs and replay cache (most of the i/o
was writes). I was wondering if there was a way to turn of logging and/or
replay cache. I am looking for runtime options or any suggestions to
improve replay cache i/o performance.

b) I also noticed that kerberos was using only one processor, is there a
recommended way to configure KDC on a multi processor machine so that I
could use other processors.

Thank you for your time.

Shivakeshav Santi

Programmer Analyst/Spec

Cornell Information Technologies
120 Maple Avenue
Cornell University
Tel :6072551916(O)
       6075926806(M)
       6073302080(H)

Ability may get you to the top, but only character will keep you there .....