Review ofhttp://k5wiki.kerberos.org/wiki/Projects/PAC_and_principal_APIs ending January 10

Ken Raeburn raeburn at MIT.EDU
Tue Dec 23 14:58:39 EST 2008

> krb5_error_code KRB5_CALLCONV krb5_pac_get_buffer (krb5_context
> context, krb5_pac pac, krb5_ui_4 type, krb5_data *data);

Does each type permit only one entry?

Doc issue: Is this a copy the caller needs to free, or a reference to
data in the krb5_pac object?

> #define KRB5_PRINCIPAL_UNPARSE_SHORT 1
> #define KRB5_PRINCIPAL_UNPARSE_NO_REALM 2
> #define KRB5_PRINCIPAL_UNPARSE_DISPLAY 4

... which mean what precisely?

> #define KRB5_PRINCIPAL_PARSE_NO_REALM 1

Absence of realm is okay?  Discard the supplied realm?

> #define KRB5_PRINCIPAL_PARSE_MUST_REALM 2

"Realm" not verb.  Better name?  "Require"?

> #define KRB5_PRINCIPAL_PARSE_ENTERPRISE 4

I assume this means "stick the entire string into the first component,
and give it NT-ENTERPRISE type"?  Is unquoting of \. and \@ and such
done?

> The following flag is defined for krb5_get_credentials:

You listed two flags here... GC_USER_USER has been around for a while,
so I assume GC_CANONICALIZE is the new bit.
> #define KRB5_GC_USER_USER 1 /* want user-user ticket */
> #define KRB5_GC_CANONICALIZE 4 /* set canonicalize KDC option */

> The user_user flag searches the ccache for a credential encrypted in
> the right TGT.

I think that's been long-standing behavior, hasn't it?  Or is this a
change?

Ken
(supposedly on vacation...)