Review of Kerberos AEAP API

Nicolas Williams Nicolas.Williams at sun.com
Tue Dec 2 13:06:12 EST 2008

On Tue, Dec 02, 2008 at 09:46:20AM -0800, Love Hörnquist Åstrand wrote:
> Hello here is my comments from the initial pass over the document.
>
> Limiting to only on DATA buffer is overly restrictive.

I made the same comment.  I strongly recommend that more than one DATA
buffer be allowed on encryption and decryption.  At the very least the
API needs to allow for support for more than DATA buffer to be added in
the future (but I think it effectively does).

> On decryption, the HEADER/TRAILER data should be define to be read
> only as well as the ivec content, ie it should be possible to setup an

I don't understand that.

> recv'er ivec array and keep reusing it over and over again w/o re-init
> the data.
>
> There should be an option to have a readonly DATA buffer, but I can
> live w/o that for now.

So an option to not always do in-place crypto?  It could be useful on
encryption for filesystems (where the source is a page in the fs page
cache that must not be modified, say).

Nico