"Key table entry not found while getting initial credentials" + KRB5KDC_ERR_PREAUTH_REQUIRED

Igor Mammedov niallain at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 04:59:40 EDT 2008

Hi folks,
Maybe I've found a bug in krb5 libs code.
Here is the thing:
When we store user password in keytab with des-cbc-md5 encryption

with "addent -password -p TESTUSERNAME -k 1 -e des-cbc-md5"

we receive error KRB5KDC_ERR_PREAUTH_REQUIRED from the server and
kinit says "Key table entry not found while getting initial credentials".

Also note that in the dump of the client-server conversation there is no
field "padata" in the request.