krb5-1.6.3-beta1 is available

Douglas E. Engert deengert at anl.gov
Fri Sep 28 14:55:34 EDT 2007

Tom Yu wrote:

> deengert> The pkinit plugin does not load on Solaris 10. It is looking for libgcc_s.so
> deengert> but not looking in the correct location /usr/sfw/lib
>
> What program are you running?  Is it kinit, or something else?

kinit

> deengert> I built the 1.6.3-beta1 using the same environment as I used with the Umich
> deengert> pkinit, which did not have this problem.
>
> deengert> (/krb5m-> /afs/anl.gov/appl/krb5-dev/@sys/krb5m as --prefix=/krb5m)
> deengert> Truss shows:
>
> deengert> open("/krb5m/lib/krb5/plugins/preauth/pkinit.so", O_RDONLY) = 4
> deengert> ...
> deengert> stat("/afs/anl.gov/appl/krb5-dev/@sys/krb5m/lib/libgcc_s.so.1", 0xFFBFD9B8) Err#2 ENOENT
> deengert> stat("/opt/smartcard/lib/libgcc_s.so.1", 0xFFBFD9B8) Err#2 ENOENT
>
> Are there additonal stat() calls following the ones you quoted above?

No. those are the only stats after the open.

> deengert> which is looking at the two -R directories, but not at
> deengert> /usr/sfw/lib or at /usr/lib
>
> Also, I haven't really worked extensively with compilations that need
> libgcc_s.

> Does a normal program built with that gcc look for libgcc_s
> in the correct place?

Yes, as thew kinit found it. I have run into gcc problems with libgcc before.
Even if it is not needed gcc apears to link it.

  What does "dump -Lv" show both for kinit (or
> whatever program you were running) and for pkinit.so?

See attachments.

> deengert> Something has changed in how the plugin is linked, as
> deengert> the 1.6.3-beta1 shows:
>
> deengert> ldd /krb5m/lib/krb5/plugins/preauth/pkinit.so
> deengert> warning: ldd: /krb5m/lib/krb5/plugins/preauth/pkinit.so: is not executable
> deengert>         libgcc_s.so.1 =>         /usr/sfw/lib/libgcc_s.so.1
> deengert>         libc.so.1 =>     /lib/libc.so.1
> deengert>         libm.so.2 =>     /lib/libm.so.2
> deengert>         /platform/SUNW,A70/lib/libc_psr.so.1
>
> Now that is weird that it lacks libkrb5 compared to the UMich version.
> What make program did you build with?  I think there may be a bug in
> the plugin Makefile because it uses the "+=" operator.

That could be it, looking at the 1.6.3.txt, it lost the other krb5 libs too.

The make version is GNU Make 3.81
is it time to update?

> ---Tom

  Argonne National Laboratory