Kerberos ccapi: Problem with set_principal on Mac OS 10.5 (Bug ID 5495264)

John Bowers John.Bowers at quest.com
Wed Sep 26 18:17:23 EDT 2007

Do you have any information on where this issue is being tracked?  Is it
considered an Apple issue (and are they tracking it somewhere) or is it
an MIT issue and are you tracking it in your bug database.  Basically I
just want to be able to keep up with progress on the issue.

As for why I would use the CCAPI....

Well strictly speaking it isn't me who is using the API.  I am using
Hiemdal, and the example code I gave is sort of a cut and paste job from
the Heimdal source.

Since Hiemdal must implement the krb5 APIs you speak of, you can see why
the CCAPIs would be used.

I was using the krb5 APIs, but since I had the source to the APIs I was
able to track down the issue to CCAPI problem and cobble together the
example code.  The test code is probably more complex than necessary to
demonstrate the problem, which may have contributed to your curiosity
about why I was using the APIs.

The Heimdal implementation of krb5_cc_initialize() calls the ccapi
set_principal() function.   I could see this as being a rather large
problem for users of Heimdal if the issue doesn't get fixed.