Kerberos ccapi: Problem with set_principal on Mac OS 10.5 (Bug ID 5495264)

John Bowers John.Bowers at quest.com
Wed Sep 26 17:16:24 EDT 2007

Hello,

I am having problems with the CCAPI implementation on the MacOS 10.5 seed builds.  I have submitted a bug report to apple regarding this issue and they have suggested I mail this list.

The problem I have is simply demonstrated.  Once I open the default ccache, I cannot call set_principal on the ccache without getting error 227 (internal error?).

I have created a small .c file that, when compiled and run, demonstrates the issue.

The problem does not occur on MacOS 10.4, it does occur with at least the 2 most recent 10.5 builds.

Find the example code attached.

Build This with a command like this:

gcc -g3 ./test_api_ccache.c -o ccache_test -I /System/Library/Frameworks/Kerberos.framework/Headers -framework Kerberos