krb5-1.6.3-beta1 compile error

John Hascall john at iastate.edu
Tue Sep 25 12:45:41 EDT 2007

> Can I get you to try without kdc update enabled?
> I think that has been broken since 1.5.

It compiles fine with the option not configured.

It also compiles with the option configured AND
with the addition of this ifdef I put into
kdc/do_as_req.c for testing:

#ifdef  KRBCONF_KDC_MODIFIES_KDB
        if (update_client) {
            krb5_db_put_principal(kdc_context, &client, &c_nprincs);
            /*
             * ptooey.  We want krb5_db_sync() or something like that.
             */
#if 0
            krb5_db_fini(kdc_context);
            if (kdc_active_realm->realm_dbname)
                krb5_db_set_name(kdc_active_realm->realm_context,
                                 kdc_active_realm->realm_dbname);
            krb5_db_init(kdc_context);
            /* Reset master key */
            krb5_db_set_mkey(kdc_context, &kdc_active_realm->realm_mkey);
#endif
        }
#endif  /* KRBCONF_KDC_MODIFIES_KDB */

It looks to me like the new DAL layer also did not include
a sync operation.  I expect there are two possible way to go
  1) add sync to DAL and call it here, or
  2) just define a put as always syncing the DB
For myself, I will likely just be lazy and imagine that you
chose option 2 and add a (*db->sync)(db, 0) call down in
the krb5_db2_db_put_principal() routine.

John