changing KDC port number

Ken Raeburn raeburn at MIT.EDU
Wed Oct 31 20:19:33 EDT 2007

On Oct 31, 2007, at 8:15, Vipin Rathor wrote:
> hi all,
>
> I was trying to change the port number on which KDC is listening, for
> this I changed both krb5.conf and kdc.conf with new port number (9999
> only insted of 88,750) for KDC. Now when I'm re-starting KDC, the
> krb5kdc daemon is again running on 88,750 only. Is this an expected
> behavior?

No, it should work the same.

We did have a bug in 1.6 where the kdc.conf file would be used
unconditionally (relating to some changes in how we handled the list
of config files), but as far as I know, both KDC and non-KDC programs
should be getting the right config files in 1.6.1 and later.

Our test suite specifies port numbers for the programs so we can run
tests as non-root users.  If it wasn't working, our test suite
couldn't run the KDC at all.  What's your config file look like?

Ken