mechglue registration of gss_buffer_t pointers

Tom Yu tlyu at MIT.EDU
Wed Oct 31 16:39:26 EDT 2007

nico> On Tue, Oct 23, 2007 at 09:29:08AM -0400, Sam Hartman wrote:

>> What can we do to figure out how well we could do with a registration
>> mechanism and what performance is required?

nico> Any registration mechanism would have to be thread-safe and not
nico> materially slower than an MT-hot malloc()/free().  Alternatively any
nico> registration mechanism needs to be build-time optional so we can someday
nico> do code drops and still opt out of it.

To clarify, are you more concerned about lock contention than about
CPU time consumption?