Blogging about MIT Kerberos and the Kerberos Consortium

Sam Hartman hartmans at MIT.EDU
Tue Oct 23 09:38:56 EDT 2007

One of the things we wand to do with the consortium is to create a
blog where we can discuss where we are in setting up the consortium
and accomplishing our projects.  We also want to have a blog
discussion about Kerberos and related security technologies and what
their impact is.

However a lot of people in this space already have blogs where issues
are bing discussed.  As an example Secure Endpoints has a journal;
Nico has been discussing a lot of the phishing and channel binding
issues; etc.

So it seems likely we will not be the only people contributing content
to such a blog.  We're still working through details of how to get all
the appropriate content into one place on kerberos.org.

Meanwhile, I've set up a blog where I can discuss the consortium and
our quest to work on opening up the MIT Kerberos development process.
Take a look at www.painless-security.com .  Currently that site is
just me, although if someone here with similar philosophy doesn't have
a better place to write, feel free to drop me a note.  I decided to
set up my own site rather than directly use the kerberos.org site so
that I can write about things that are outside of the scope of
Kerberos and the consortium.  However at least my Kerberos category
will be syndicated on kerberos.org.