replacing MIT's ASN.1 code

Ken Raeburn raeburn at MIT.EDU
Mon Oct 15 17:58:08 EDT 2007

On Oct 15, 2007, at 17:50, Ken Raeburn wrote:
> With the MIT code, on the other hand, adding a new type means
> reading through the processing for other types, hoping you
> understand all the multiple levels of macros well enough to copy
> what they're doing and modify it correctly, and writing new C code.

Oh, and of course all of this only gets you as far as having code
that interoperates with itself, with no assurance that it bears any
relationship to a DER encoding of any particular data structure.
Once it's had a bit more of a shakedown, I expect Jim's code to be a
lot better in that respect as well.  (I understand this is not his
first ASN.1 compiler, by a long shot.)

--Ken