How Large can the [domain_realm] Section Be?

Henry B. Hotz hotz at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Nov 15 21:16:11 EST 2007

Let's suppose that there is an easy way to deploy updated krb5.conf
files to all clients.  (True for OSX under OD, it appears.)  Let's
suppose that I have only one DNS domain, but two Kerberos realms, and
I know the complete list of machines that are in the non-default realm.

How large can that list be before I have "problems"?  10's?  100's?
1000's?  10,000's?

We can assume reasonably modern machines, like a 2GHz core 2 Intel
with 2GB memory if you want to be that precise.

Henry.B.Hotz at jpl.nasa.gov, or hbhotz at oxy.edu