GSSAPI Sample Client (gss.exe)

Dave Kelly dave.kelly at dawkco.com
Wed May 2 17:10:07 EDT 2007

Hi,

What is it about this GSSAPI Sample Client (gss.exe) sample that "is not
compatible with the Platform SDK/Samples/Security/SSPI/GSS/ samples which
Microsoft has been shipping as of January 2004"?

I noticed that the Microsoft sample appears to improperly prepend 4-octet
buffer length values to the token buffers during the send/receive of context
establishment negotiation tokens.  I thought that wasn't supposed to be done
until after the context was "complete" and the security layer was in effect.
...(?)

Anyway, I'm working on a POP3 server app that runs on Windows Server 2003
(w/ Active Directory) and I'm having trouble finding a client anywhere that
does Kerberos v5 (GSSAPI) SASL Mechanism (per RFC 4752 or prior) to test it
out with.  (Eudora doesn't work.)  I want to give your sample client a shot
and see if I can make it work.

If you have revised versions of the MS samples that are compatible with your
client, I'd like to look at them.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Dave Kelly