Using Kerberos for authenticating the distribution of controlled substances, etc.

Sam Hartman hartmans at MIT.EDU
Fri Jul 20 11:07:52 EDT 2007

    >> * Doesn't work in cross-realm environments
    >>
    >> --Sam

    Henry> I think cross-realm is less likely to be needed in this
    Henry> kind of application.  In particular I can't imagine us
    Henry> doing that.  A "critical" application like this would
    Henry> require users that have gone through our own vetting
    Henry> process and therefore would exist in our own repositories.

You might not, but I think a lot of people will end up needing this.

consider sites that have separate realms for users and services.  Or
consider a large multi-national where users live in a realm close to
their organization.