MEMORY keytabs - how should they be destroyed?

Sam Hartman hartmans at MIT.EDU
Wed Jan 24 12:56:21 EST 2007

I don't have a problem with krb5_kt_destroy() if we conclude that
memory keytabs want to work like memory ccaches and be referenced
through krb5_kt_resolve.

It's not very clear to me.  That seems like an excellent way for a key
to end up being used in an unintended scope.  My recommended
implementation would be for memory keytabs to be created giving you a
keytab handle that you must pass to anyone who can access the key
material.

I'd appreciate comments on this issue especially from people who have
not spoken up.