RX Kerberos 5 security class requirements of Kerberos library

Jeffrey Altman jaltman at secure-endpoints.com
Mon Jan 22 12:43:07 EST 2007

Sam Hartman wrote:

> What there has been and what I'm objecting to is an assertion that
> Kerberos has new requirements because AFS does thing a certain way.

Sam:

My e-mail last night was not stating that Kerberos had requirements.
My e-mail was clarifying the meaning of the overloaded term "localauth"
in the e-mails that Troy was replying to.  People who are not familiar
with the -localauth switch as used in AFS do not understand the context
within which the discussion was taking place.

Nico had exactly the same confusion because the term is overloaded.

It is very hard to have a discussion when the people talking at each
other are using different definitions of their terminology.

Jeffrey Altman