RX Kerberos 5 security class requirements of Kerberos library

g.w@hurderos.org g.w at hurderos.org
Mon Jan 8 11:03:06 EST 2007

On Jan 3,  1:44pm, Sam Hartman wrote:
} Subject: Re: RX Kerberos 5 security class requirements of Kerberos library

> I don't seem to have Jeff's original message with the prototype
> although I do have a reply to that message.
>
> Jeff's API really has a lot of arguments.  I think that we've
> learned from KLL and CCAPI that by the time you have that many
> arguments you want to be using a structure similar to get_init_creds
> with an options interface.
>
> It also seems like you only support passing in one authorization data
> item and one address.  That seems wrong.

Indeed.

Current convention elsewhere in the MIT codebase seems to be an array,
null-terminated, of krb5_authdata pointers.

> --Sam

}-- End of excerpt from Sam Hartman

As always,
Greg

			 The Hurderos Project
         Open Identity, Service and Authorization Management
                       http://www.hurderos.org

"The avalanche has already started; it is too late for the pebbles to
vote."
                                -- Kosh, "Believers", Babylon 5