MIT & DAL

Praveenkumar Sahukar psahukar at novell.com
Wed Jan 3 00:19:15 EST 2007

<33ab2aef0701020631r7ca5fb11t1ad0772821d92785 at mail.gmail.com>, "Vipin Rathor"
<v.rathor at gmail.com> wrote:
> hi all,
>
> I have been fiddling with MIT Kerberos and seeking its features when I came
> across some contribution from Novell on DAL.
>
> Wanted to know that ,
> Did you'll introduced DAL, so that the kerberos authentication data ( like
> kerberos user name , password etc) can now reside on LDAP (like NOVEL LDAP:
> eDrictory) instead of the legacy flat files ?

That's right. DAL is an abstraction layer under which plugins for any back-ends can be added. LDAP is one among them using which Kerberos information can be stored either in eDirectory  or OpenLDAP.

Thanks,
Praveen Kumar