referrals in 1.6

Sam Hartman hartmans at MIT.EDU
Wed Feb 28 18:08:27 EST 2007

    Nicolas> On Tue, Feb 27, 2007 at 10:54:40AM -0500, Sam Hartman
    Nicolas> wrote: It sounds like you'd want a compile-time switch
    Nicolas> for default behaviour.  That's certainly reasonable.
    Nicolas> It's not yet clear that it would be reasonable to exclude
    Nicolas> support for a configuration knob for selecting service
    Nicolas> principal name/realm canonicalization methods.
    >>  It's basically our policy to avoid compile-time switches.
    >> That was something Marshall was very firm about; he's no longer
    >> around and we could evaluate whether the reasons for that
    >> policy still apply.

    Nicolas> Maybe so, but can you find a solution to every problem
    Nicolas> that fits small resource constrained devices and general
    Nicolas> purpose OSes for general purpose computers?

Perhaps, but I have yet to find a problem that falls into that class.

Note that I've rarely used Kerberos on a cell phone.  But I often use
Kerberos from my computer when my network connection is via a cell
phone.  So, I think this has more to do with network connectivity than
device characteristics.

--Sam