GSS API context question

Vipin Rathor v.rathor at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 07:53:32 EDT 2007

hi all,

As I was going through the GSS-API context for in the krb5-1.4 release and
later I noticed
that the GSS API context structure has changed.

The _krb5_gss_ctx_id_rec structure defined in gssapiP_krb5.h has two new
fields called

typedef strcut _krb5_gss_ctx_id_rec
{
..
krb5_context k5_context;
..
int cred_rcache;
..
}krb5_gss_ctx_id_rec,*krb5_gss_ctx_id_t;

has been added. As I understand the "k5_context" was added for threading
purpose, which is fair. But I really do not get why the "int cred_rcache;"
field was added and if its necessary? Can anyone please let me know the
importance of this field and if its really required ?

Thanks in advance,
-Rathor