krb5_kt_resolve error in kfw 3.0

Shivakeshav Santi ss488 at cornell.edu
Tue Sep 5 12:20:51 EDT 2006

HI,

     I noticed that krb5_kt_resolve function returns KRB5_KT_UNKNOWN_TYPE
on a valid call with a correct keytab name . On further investigation I
found that the function uses strcmp which is comparing the default prefixes
with the prefix (FILE:). But the default prefixes do not have colon.

changing the line in ktbase.c from strcmp(tlist->ops->prefix,pfx) to
strncmp(tlist->ops->prefix,pfx,strlen(tlist->ops->prefix)) fixed the problem.

Did any one notice a similar behaviou ?

Thank you for your time.

Shivakeshav Santi

Programmer Analyst/Senior

Cornell Information Technologies
120 Maple Avenue
Cornell University
Tel :6072551916(O)
       6075926806(M)
       6073167758(M2)

Ability may get you to the top, but only character will keep you there .....