Tests failing kdb5_util create apparently broken on the trunk

Will Fiveash William.Fiveash at sun.com
Wed Oct 4 17:34:13 EDT 2006

On Wed, Oct 04, 2006 at 05:15:03PM -0400, Ken Raeburn wrote:
> On Oct 4, 2006, at 13:33, Will Fiveash wrote:
> >and plain.length is ending up with a huge value (4294967294) so
> >malloc()
> >blows up.  Ken tells me that this is very likely a ASN.1 bug he is
> >working on.
>
> The ASN.1 problem is in the LDAP-specific code, which I assume was
> not what Sam was testing.

Ah, I forgot that.  Hmmm, I wonder if Sam's problem is the same as the
one I reported?  If so, then perhaps there is another cause aside from
the ASN.1 problem you are fixing.

> >>Running valgrind shows several problems in the plugin code.
> >
> >I also intend to do test using libumem on Solaris to catch memory
> >issues.
>
> I think it's probably worthwhile to spend a little time making these
> tools easier to use in conjunction with our test suite.  We have a
> few hooks for Purify, specifically, and of course some tools like
> Electric Fence can easily be enabled for the whole "make check" run
> and ought to have no ill effect, but I don't think I care to see what
> valgrind reports for "make" or "sh" or ....

Where do I look to see these hooks and is there any doc that shows how
to use these when running make check?  It would be nice to integrate use
of Solaris's libumem when testing on that OS.

--
Will Fiveash
Sun Microsystems Inc.