Calls to internal functions from client plugins

Sam Hartman hartmans at MIT.EDU
Mon Oct 2 20:38:48 EDT 2006

    Kevin> I've successfully used Nalin's plugin code (w/o use of
    Kevin> k5-int.h in our plugin) for both client and KDC.  (not all
    Kevin> functionality there yet)

    Kevin> My next step is to try pulling our pkinit-specific asn.1
    Kevin> stuff out of libkrb5 and putting it in the plug-in code,
    Kevin> using only the exported asn1 functionality from libkrb5.
    Kevin> Does this sound reasonable?  Necessary?

It's certainly not necessary.  Provided that it does not call into
openssl you can leave it there and define your symbols in k5-int.h.  I
doubt it is actually possible without huge code duplication.