static libraries in 1.5.x?

Tom Yu tlyu at MIT.EDU
Wed Nov 29 15:32:08 EST 2006

>>>>> "Andreas" == Andreas Hasenack <ahasenack at terra.com.br> writes:

Andreas> Anybody know if the next 1.5.x version (1.5.2?) will get back static
Andreas> libraries? Or if there is a fix somewhere?

There was an extensive discussion a few months ago about fundamental
architectural problems with enabling static libraries in 1.5.x.  I
don't recall the details, but I think they included concerns that
plugins would not function.  Because plugins are actually required for
certain things, I doubt that we will re-enable static libraries until
these architectural problems are resolved.

---Tom