Issues w/ timezones on gssftpd

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Tue Nov 28 00:14:43 EST 2006

Philip Prindeville <philipp at redfish-solutions.com> writes:

> What about _POSIX_SOURCE ?

> There has to be *some* standard compiler defined flag...

Feature test macros like _POSIX_SOURCE are mostly intended for the
application to indicate to the system what symbols to make visible rather
than for the application to figure out the capabilities of the system.
There are a few exceptions, like __STDC__, but the amount of information
one can usefully derive from them is small.

> Is it reasonable to expect that everyone will be using autoconf in all
> build environments? I remember that for the longest time, autoconf was
> broken on HP-UX...

MIT Kerberos has used Autoconf for many years and won't compile unless the
Autoconf-generated configure scripts work properly.  I'm not sure what
you're remembering on HP-UX, but we built MIT Kerberos on HP-UX (9, 10,
and 11) for many years and I don't remember configure scripts being a
problem.