standards for documentation submission

Sam Hartman hartmans at MIT.EDU
Mon Nov 20 11:34:11 EST 2006

    Jeffrey> I believe that MIT's Kerberos team should set a policy of
    Jeffrey> not accepting patches to new or existing code unless
    Jeffrey> those patches come with documentation for the affected
    Jeffrey> functions.

    Jeffrey> Assuming such a policy was set, what standards would be
    Jeffrey> set a guidance for documentation submission?

We're planning to use doxygen for API docs at least.

We had a project to do this, but it ran into a snag.  I asked for
volunteer here who would be willing to do a pass looking for problems
and received no interest.  Then later I realized that the input
material was more of a mess than expected.

I do have money to clean up the API doc mess, I just need to go find
someone and deal with it.

We use texinfo for the admin guide and nroff for the man pages.  I
would not hugely mind a new man page being submitted in docbook or pod
although we might choose to convert to nroff.