Partial Resolution: Adventures with KfW 3.1b2

Henry B. Hotz hotz at jpl.nasa.gov
Mon Nov 6 13:37:29 EST 2006

On Nov 6, 2006, at 9:43 AM, Jeffrey Altman wrote:

> Henry B. Hotz wrote:
>
>> The remaining problem is that W2K does not seem to obey the Registry
>> setting.  Can't import the tgt on login.

The actual error is more like "can't renew ticket".  Windows has a
renewable RC4 tgt visible with kerbtray, but it's not visible to KfW
in either the GUI or with "klist -c MSLSA:".

>> Presumably this would be OK in
>> XP, if I could stand the slowdown.
>
> I find XP to be faster than 2000.

Not under Virtual PC.  I bought extra memory for my laptop so I could
give VPC lots of memory too.  Is the crossover point bigger than 1GB?

> 2000 doesn't obey the registry key because it doesn't prevent the
> exportation of Kerberos session keys from the LSA in workstation.
>
> You have a different problem.

*sigh*  Not being a Windows person, any hints would be appreciated.

Henry.B.Hotz at jpl.nasa.gov, or hbhotz at oxy.edu