Adventures with KfW 3.1b2

Henry B. Hotz hotz at jpl.nasa.gov
Fri Nov 3 13:24:13 EST 2006

Installed on a W2K Virtual PC on MacOS 10.4.8.  Windows Update seems
to think I have all the latest and greatest.

Nit:  The credential window accumulates background-color garbage when
you drag other windows over it.  View->Refresh view does fix the
problem.

Now we get to the real questions:  Can I make Firefox do cross-realm
with the MIT libraries?  I've set:

network.negotiate-auth.delegation-uris		jpl.nasa.gov
network.negotiate-auth.gsslib		C:\Program Files\MIT\lib\i386
\gssapi32.lib
network.negotiate-auth.trusted-uris		https://
network.negotiate-auth.using-native-gsslib	false.

Logout.  (Don't reboot.)

"Failed to renew credentials for hotz at JPL..." on login.  Opened
NetIDMgr and typed password to get new tgt.  (I thought KfW used to
import the tgt (or at least the password to get a tgt with) as well
as the service tickets.  I *think* I have all the relevant options set.)

Firefox works fine with web sites in the main JPL.NASA.GOV realm.  I
want to use the MIT gssapi library because I want to configure some
specific machines to be in a different realm, even though there is no
DNS distinction.  This is outside of AD.

Opened Firefox 2.0.  Tried to connect to https://redhotz.jpl.nasa.gov/
cgi-bin/test-cgi.

Get a basic-auth prompt.  Kerbtray shows a HTTP/
redhotz.jpl.nasa.gov at JPL.NASA.GOV, not a HTTP/... at HOTZ.JPL.NASA.GOV
service ticket.  (If you reopen it.  I guess it doesn't auto-
update.)  NetIDMgr shows the same thing.

In a command prompt window "kvno -c API:hotz at JPL.NASA.GOV HTTP/
redhotz.jpl.nasa.gov at HOTZ.JPL.NASA.GOV" will correctly get the cross-
realm tgt, and the HTTP service principal.

Looks like Firefox is using the Windows SSPI instead of the MIT
GSSAPI library, in spite of the config items saying otherwise.

Nit:  Should I attach any significance to klist -A (on Mac) vice
klist -C (on W2K)?  Also the default "API:" ccache names are
completely different.  This isn't wrong, just confusing for someone
trying to work cross-platform.
----
Henry.B.Hotz at jpl.nasa.gov, or hbhotz at oxy.edu