new error message/return code for kdb5_util unsupported commands

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz at cmu.edu
Wed May 31 11:48:16 EDT 2006

On Wednesday, May 31, 2006 09:55:02 AM -0500 greg at enjellic.com wrote:

> Using LDAP as the management protocol means people just need to agree
> on a schema definition.  I'm assuming this agreement is already a
> given considering the work with DAL.

It's worth noting that there is a group of people who have been working for
some time towards a standardized management protocol based on LDAP.  I'm
fairly sure some of them read this list, and I'd suggest talking to them
before going off and doing something from scratch.

The IETF Kerberos WG has also been working on a standardized set/change
password protocol which is nearly complete.  The new protocol also includes
features to support management of keys (not necessarily derived from
passwords).

-- Jeffrey T. Hutzelman (N3NHS) <jhutz+ at cmu.edu>
   Sr. Research Systems Programmer