Mac OSX Safari GSSAPI Bugs?

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Tue May 30 00:19:34 EDT 2006

On Tue, 30 May 2006 12:46:38 +1000
Luke Howard <lukeh at padl.com> wrote:

> Apparently this is fixed in 10.4 (the underlying GSS-API implementation
> is used). So you should probably just upgrade.

>From looking at the apple website it doesn't look like you can. Safari
2 is specific to 10.4 so you have to upgrade the OS which costs $$.

To add insult to injury, I just downloaded Firefox and discovered it's
broken in it's own way. If I try to visit http://www1.foo.net/test.html
I get the following error from gss_accept_sec_context:

 GSS_S_FAILURE: failed to find HTTP/quark.foo.net at FOO.NET(kvno 3)
       in keytab /var/lib/test/test.keytab

So it's doing a reverse lookup and using an alias for the machine instead
of just using the server name entered.

Mike