TGT from keytab w/ preauth required?

Markus Moeller huaraz at moeller.plus.com
Sun May 28 08:51:54 EDT 2006

We use a Windows kdc and a tool like Dan Perrys msktutil to create keytabs
with service principals like ftpbatch/client1.
We then do something like
kinit -c ./cache.$$ -l 2m -kt keytab ftpbatch/client1; set
KRB5CCNME=./cache.$$, ftp -x <cmdinput ; kdestroy
for a batch ftp process. msktutil has also an option to re-extract the
service principal with a new random password which you could use from a
cronjob to change the keytab once a month to avoid misuse of old backups.

Is it that you try to achieve only in a program ?

Markus

news:447953E3.8060809 at sun.com...