TGT from keytab w/ preauth required?

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Sun May 28 02:47:20 EDT 2006

Meaning there's a particular salt that's fixed for a given principal in
which case you *can* use a keytab to get a TGT?

Then why doesn't the krb5_get_init_creds_keytab function try to perform
preauth? At least MIT and Heimdal don't. So if I just skip the string
to key w/ salt business and use the key from the keytab directly that
will be suitable for computing the padata?

Mike