need help with LDAP plug-in code and liblber dependency

Will Fiveash William.Fiveash at sun.com
Tue May 23 19:02:20 EDT 2006

I'm doing some hacking to get the new MIT LDAP plug-in code to work and
while I've got everything to compile I find that the kldap.so in
src/plugins/kdb/ldap insists on having a dependency on:

liblber-2.2.so.7 =>      (file not found)

I believe that this dependency is not necessary in Solaris because
libldap contains the exported liblber functions (I think).  I've
searched all the files and tried to convince the build logic not to link
kldap.so with -llber but I can't seem to get rid of that
liblber-2.2.so.7 dependency.  Any advice here is welcome.

As an aside, I'd be happy to contribute changes back to get the MIT LDAP
plug-in to work with the native LDAP but I need advice here as to the
appropriate files to change (probably related to autoconf).

--
Will Fiveash
Sun Microsystems Inc.