issue with database_name parameter

Will Fiveash William.Fiveash at sun.com
Thu May 11 15:46:35 EDT 2006

I've noticed that the latest MIT krb code with LDAP support appears to
ignore the database_name if it is located in a [realms] section entry in
the kdc.conf (kadmin.local issues an error stating the KDB does not
exist).  If I place the database_name in a [dbmodules] section entry in
the krb5.conf then kadmin.local works.  For example in kdc.conf I have:

[realms]
        ACME.COM = {
                profile = /usr/local/krb_ldap/etc/krb5.conf
                database_name = /usr/local/krb_ldap/var/krb5kdc/principal

$ kadmin.local -q "addprinc -pw test123 willf/admin"
Authenticating as principal willf/admin at ACME.COM with password.
kadmin.local: No such file or directory while initializing kadmin.local interface

If I use the parameters below in krb5.conf then kadmin.local works:

[dbmodules]

    db_module_dir = /usr/local/krb_ldap/lib/krb5/plugins/kdb

    DB2 = {
        db_module_dir = /usr/local/krb_ldap/lib/krb5/plugins/kdb
        dbname = db2
        database_name = /usr/local/krb_ldap/var/krb5kdc/principal
    }

Thoughts?
--
Will Fiveash